- Q. What is the difference between your online, seminar and self-study courses?
A. The material is the same in all three courses - only the presentation format differs.
- The online course is completely online - you can read the material online or print a .pdf file of the study material. A printed workbook
is not included.
- The self-study course includes a workbook that is mailed to you.
- The seminar course is a live course - the cost includes a workbook that you receive at the seminar and access to online study material so you can study before you attend the seminar.
- Q. I am a renewing notary. Do I need to be fingerprinted again?
A. Yes. All new and renewing notaries are required to have their fingeprints taken via live scan and pass a California Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) background check for each commission term. Even if you have been fingerprinted for notary or any other license in the past, you will still need to be fingerprinted again.
- Q. What is the difference in the licensing requirements between new and renewing notaries?
A. The only difference is that new notaries are required to complete a 6-hour education course while renewing notaries are be eligible to complete a 3-hour education course as long as they complete the course and pass the state exam before their current commission expires.
All new and renewing notaries are required to complete a mandatory education course, be fingerprinted, pass the state exam, submit an application and 2x2 color passport photo, obtain the required supplies, and file their oath and bond with the county clerk's office.
- Q. What happens if I register for the 3-hour course but don't complete the renewal requirement in time?
A. If you register for any one of our 3-hour courses but do not complete the course and pass the state exam before your current commission expires,
then you will be required to retake a 6-hour course. If this happens, please email us and we will change your online access so that you can retake our 6-hour online course for free.
- Q. Can I get my notary bond and supplies from you?
A. Yes. Allstate Notary Preparation, Inc. dba California Notary Bond and Insurance Services #0F09630 is a state-approved seal vendor and a California licensed insurance agency.
- Q. How long do I have access to the Allstate Notary Preparation online course?
A. You have unlimited access starting from the date your registration is processed. We only issue one proof of completion certificate per paid registration.
- Q. Does my seminar registration include access to online study material?
A. Yes. When you register for the notary seminar you also get access to the online study material so that you may study ahead if you choose.
- Q. Is my credit card transaction secure when I register?
A. Your credit/debit card transaction is securely processed. All pages that accept your personal/financial information are secured pages. (Look for the "https" on the top of the registration page, and the lock at the bottom of the browser window on the registration pages.) Allstate Notary Preparation does not retain your credit card information after your registration has been completed.
- Q. What is the exam pass-rate for people who attend your seminars?
A. Over 90% of our students pass the state exam on their first attempt.
- Q. Do you offer any group discounts?
A. Yes. Please contact us for details and rates.
- Q. What if I cannot pay by credit card. Do you accept any other form of payment?
A. Yes. We accept cash, check or money order. If you would like to mail your payment, please include your name,
address, telephone number and email address (and seminar date if applicable) and send it to Allstate Notary Preparation, P.O. Box 191404, San Diego, CA 92159.
- Q. What is Allstate Notary Preparation's pass guarantee?
A. If you take the live class and fail the exam, you may retake the live or online class for free.